Recipe: Nigella's Beakfast Bars

These breakfast cereal bars from Nigella Express are so delicious and easy to make.  Oaty, chewy and perfect for early weekday mornings when I eat my breakfast at my desk OR as a super power snack after a run.

Ingredients

  • 1 x 397g tin of condensed milk
  • 250g rolled oats (not instant porridge!)
  • 75g shredded coconut
  • 100g dried cranberries
  • 125g mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
  • 125g natural unsalted peanuts
Ms Frugal used what was in her store cupboard. So, it was raisins not cranberries and no coconut today. 

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 130 degrees and grease a baking tin (I used a square 23x23x4cm).
  2. Warm the condensed milk in a large pan.
  3. Meanwhile, mix together the other ingredients and then add the warmed condensed milk, using a silicon spatula or a wooden spoon.
  4. Spread the mixture into the tin and press down firmly ( I used my hand but first putting a cover of grease proof paper over the top so that I didn't stick to the mixture)
  5. Bake in oven for 1 hour and, after about 15 minutes, cut into 16 chunky bars. Let cool completely


Makes 16 chewy bars.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts