Weekend recipe : Bacon onion bread (Zwiebel-Speck Brot)
|My Sunday breakfast just before it's placed on a tray and brought back to bed. Pure decadence :)|
- 400g strong bread flour
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- A couple twists black pepper
- Sprinkle of paprika
- 250ml lukewarm water
- 1 small onion
- 4 or 5 rashes of bacon (you can use as much or as little as you like)
- Finely dice the onion and bacon and fry in a little oil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, yeast, pepper, paprika and salt and add the 250ml of water to make the dough.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a clean towel and set aside for one hour so that the yeast can work its magic.
- While the dough is rising preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan).
- Place dough on a baking tray, sprinkle with a few drops of water and bake in the oven for 50 minutes.