Lessons in domestic goddestry
- Remove sewing machine (which has been gathering cm's of dust) from top of wardrobe.
- Dust the cover, dust the machine itself.
- Attach plug and peddle thing.
- Discover there is a secret compartment at the side of Sewing Machine. This is where you put the bobbin.
- Practice removing and replacing bobbin.
- Open lovely (unused) sewing box and take out a cotton reel.
- Place on the sewing machine erection (I'm sorry I don't know what it is called yet, spindle?)
- Now I can fill up the bobbin by hooking it on the front side. I press the peddle as if I am driving and as if by magic I have a bobbin full of snowy white cotton.
- Replace bobbin and I'm ready to begin.
- Arm goes up and down. Peddle fast and slow. Wheel turns by hand to raise and drop needle. Check tension.
- 5 minutes later I have one square of cotton fabric edged in running stitch. Happy face.
Wipe forehead. First mission completed.