Recipe: Apple and pear crumble
|Pear & Apple crumble|
Ingredients (to serve 6)
500g Bramley apples
3 tablespoons water
Ingredients for the crumble
100g of chilled butter
120g plain flour
30g rolled oats
120g demerara sugar
half teaspoon of ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Dice the butter and then use your fingers to rub with the flour and cinnamon to make the crumble.
- Mix in the sugar and rolled oats.
- Peel and core the apples and pears then either slice or cube it and put into the bottom of a lightly buttered ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over with sugar and the water.
- Generously spread the crumble over the fruit and bake in the oven for around 40-50 minutes until the fruit is bubbling hot and the crumble is golden.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream.