Travel : Scottish Highlands
I mentioned before that after watching Brave last week I am so much into the idea of visiting Scotland. I enjoyed Edinburgh so much when I visited in 2010 but I now I want to see the wild national landscape of mountains and lochs.
We're making a little weekend plan of all the things that might be interesting to see:-
- Dunkeld- A woodland walk in "big tree county".
- Driving north up the Drumochter Pass with the stunning mountain views of the Cairngorms National Park
- A visit to Culloden, the site of the last stand of the Jacobites against the British government forces.
- Loch ness for monster hunting.
- Explore the ruins of Urquhart Castle.
- Stop at a working whisky distillery for tasting.
- See Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the UK.
- Glen Coe.
- Loch Lomond
- Stirling and its castle and the monument to William Wallace (Braveheart)
- Back to Edinburgh and jump on the train home :)
What do you think? Have I missed anything important?
|The Hermitage at Dunkeld|
|Urquhart Castle on the shores of Loch Ness|
|William Wallace 'Braveheart' Monument|