Pub review - Veritas

Close your eyes. What does a good pub look like? For me, ambience is key. I also want a great selection of ales, wine and rare to find spirits. I want great food made from local produce. I want the interior to be unpretentious with a warm decor that invites you to linger for a couple of hours with good friends. I think I found the right place, and it was right under my nose.

A stone's throw away from the law courts, town hall, hospital and university, Veritas boasts an imaginative food menu as well as a great range of beers. There is also a deli section at the front of the pub which I imagine pulls in a lot at lunchtime - which reminds me, I must try out the Yorkshire chorizo.

Its certainly not cheap but as my Mum always like to say "you get what you pay for". For those feeling the post Christmas pinch (I'm sure there are a few of us) they do have a 2 course menu  for £10.95. I chose the prawns and smoked salmon cocktail with lemon mayonnaise as a starter and for my main course a pork loin steak with champ mash and gravy. And to drink? It had to be some beer, of course. Belgian beer.. fruit beer.. Timmerman's Strawberry!




Comments

Popular Posts