Today I was lucky enough to receive a special cookery lesson on how to make Solyanka.
- Speck, bacon lardons
- a variety of cooked meats (ham, salami, sausage) cut into small pieces
- jar of pickled gerkins, cut into small pieces
- Tomato puree
- 2 onions
- bay leaf, salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Dice the onions finely and fry with the speck until cooked.
- Add the bacon lardons and fry until browned before adding a bowl of the chopped cooked meat to the stock pot.
- Add enough tomato puree to the pot so that the mixture is well covered. Now we add water to the pot - perhaps 2 or 3 ltrs depending on the amount of meat you have used. Chop up the gerkins into small pieces and add to the stock pot.
- Crumble 3 or 4 oxo cubes to the pot and stir before bringing to the boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and add a slice of lemon and a dollop of cream to each bowl before serving.
|Wir haben die ingredients|
|Onions and the bacon fat frying|
|Ready to cook - just need to bring it to boil and simmer for 20 minutes|