Tempting 10 minute cookies
- 125g softened butter
- 225g sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- half tsp salt
- 200g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar, then combine the beaten egg and the vanilla essence.
- Sift in the flour and the salt, then the chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to knead into dough
- Roll into balls and place on ungreased baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 11 minutes. I like to remove them when they start to develop a soft golden halo around their edges :)
- Take out of the oven and leave to harden for a couple of minutes. Best eaten warm but also store well in an airtight container.
|First snow 2013|