Fresh from the oven : Blueberry muffins
A breakfast treat served with a steaming cup of tea or coffee. And did I mention that they are half the fat and sugar and lower in calories than your local coffee shop?
Starb**** Classic Blueberry Muffin 475 calories
Starb**** Skinny Blueberry Muffin 300 calories
Homemade blueberry Muffin 223 calories
Blueberry muffins (makes 12)
- 300g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 150g caster sugar
- 3tsp baking powder
- 100g butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 200ml semi skimmed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g blueberries (I used frozen berries and can report they work fine - a more savvy option )
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, pinch of salt, baking powder and caster sugar
- Melt the butter in the microwave and pour into another mixing bowl. Whisk in the 2 eggs, the semi-skimmed milk and the vanilla extract.
- Gently fold the liquid mixture into your flour mixing bowl. Now add the blueberries and fold until the mixture is just combined. You don't want to overdo it. The mixture should be a bit lumpy in texture.
- Divide among 12-hole deep muffin tin lined with paper muffin cases and bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes. Your muffins should be risen and golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
To Store: Best eaten within 24 hours of baking. Keep in an airtight container.