- Medium flan base
- 500ml tub of the ice-cream
- 3 egg whites
- handful of flaked almonds
- 150g caster sugar
- Line a pudding basin with 2 layers of cling film and then fill with ice cream. You need to make sure there is enough cling film to overlap down the outside of the bowl. Press down on the ice-cream to make it as dense as you can. Then lift out of bowl and turn it into the flan case. Re-freeze for at least a couple of hours.
- When you are ready to cook, whip up the egg whites until stiff and gradually add the caster sugar. You should get a nice glossy meringue.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (fan 200°C, gas mark 7).
- Take the flan and ice-cream out of the freezer and place in a lined baking tray. Spoon the meringue over the top. Spread with a spatula to completely cover the ice-cream and flan base and then sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes in the oven until browned.
- Serve immediately and impress your guests!