What's for dinner? Keema with peas and potatoes
This is a south Indian style dish traditionally made with minced lamb (but beef, pork and vegetarian quorn or soya mince should all work well).
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cm piece of ginger, grated
- Crushed dried chillies
- 3 tbsp oil
- 575g pack minced meat
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Tin of chopped tomatoes *440g
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 200g frozen peas
- A couple of potatoes, cut up into bite-sized pieces
- Small bunch of coriander, chopped
- Brown the mince and then add the chopped onion, garlic and ginger until cooked and fragrant. Constantly push and stir to break down any mince that starts to lump together.
- Add the spices and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add a splash of water if needed, add your peas and simmer for around 30 minutes.
- 5 minutes before serving, add your coriander.
- Serve with chapatis or rice, chutneys and more yogurt on the side.