Recipe : Gin and Tonic cake
|Moist and super yummy if I don't say so myself|
- 4 large eggs
- 220g Stork baking margarine
- 220g caster sugar
- 220g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 lemons
- 100ml dry gin
Ingredients for glaze
- 150ml gin
- 200g icing sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Grease and line a large-ish loaf tin, preheat oven to 180'C/Gas mark 4/160C fan
- Cream the butter and the sugar, add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Sift the flour into the mixture along with the baking powder, fold into the cake mixture.
- Now add the zest of two lemons, and the juice from one of the lemons (set aside the second lemon for the glaze)
- Now add the 100ml of gin, give the mixture a good stir and then pour into your loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for an hour
- Once cooked, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- To make the glaze gently combine the juice, the icing sugar, and the gin in a bowl. You want the texture to be like a runny paste.
- Prick the cooled cake over and over all over the top with a fork. Now pour your glaze all over the top of the loaf cake.
- Leave for a couple of minutes and you're ready to serve.