New Recipe: Cheese twists
These are so ridiculously easy to make and taste so good. I used to buy one up on my way to work sometimes as a late breakfast but now I know how to make them...
- 500g puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 egg
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 190 C
- Dust a clean work surface with plain flour. Place the puff pastry on the work surface and roll out until only a few mm thick. Cut round the edges so you are left with a rectangle shape.
- In a cup mix the egg and milk with a fork. Paint with a brush over the pastry.
- Sprinkle your grated cheese over one side of the pastry. Fold over the pastry so the cheese is covered and then press the edges with a fork.
- Slice your pastry into 2 inch wide strips.
- Twist them tightly.
- Paint the top with the eggy milk mixture then place on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until a nice golden colour.